Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays!

The noborigama was a complete success and it seems everything came out well, but I haven't seen my pieces yet. I couldn't make it when they were taking the pieces out, but I'll pick them up today after work. (I'll post about the noborigama after new years)

Since the noborigama I had a few hours at the studio, where I tried to get rid of all my old clay so I can start fresh from the new year.

*Santa was made by a weekend student








First I made a cup and small vase last week which were too soft to carve this week. (Bizen clay) These will hopefully not be too dry after new years to carve.









Since I couldn't carve the vase and cup I made three new cups out of leftover bizen clay. These are also currently waiting to be carved. They should be fine until after new years.









Last but not least was a big leaf plate out of the last bizen clay I had. It's about 5mm thick and 20 cm wide. Of course it will shrink after drying and firing, but I'm hoping it'll be a good gyoza (aka Japanese dumplings) plate.








That's all for now! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! See you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment